Thursday, February 18, 2016

Sonic Overload 1/25/16

So a few weeks ago, when I was setting up my gear to record the show, I accidentally dropped one of my turntables. Off my leg, in fact—that was fun, lemme tell ‘ya. Anyway, the table worked fine for a few weeks but I noticed there was a noise with the motor and, in the process of taking it apart and trying to fix it, I made it worse (of course). I’ve had this table for 10 years—it’s a Stanton STR-80. I figured for what it’d cost to get it fixed, I should just buy a replacement, which I’m in the process of doing. That’s where my loyal listenership comes in—I’m having a fundraiser and I’ve managed to raise about half of the turntable’s cost (which is around $250). I appreciate the donations I’ve received already but if anyone wants to chip in, I’d greatly appreciate it. I haven’t done any fundraising for a number of years, now. My PayPal is subvox82@gmail.com and please put it through as “friends and family.” Thanks!

Sonic Overload 1/25/16

TRACK 1

DIO-Stand Up and Shout (Warner Bros.) in memory of Jimmy Bain

CRAZY SPIRIT-Whisper (No Patience)
JJ DOLL-Spit (demo)
DEFORMITY-No One (demo)
NANDAS-Cesspool (demo)
PRAG-Winter Mute (No Patience)

THE BUSINESS-Smash The Discos (Taang)
SPECIAL DUTIES-Too Much Talking (Captain Oi)
EXPLOITED-USA (Secret)
CIRCLE JERKS-Under The Gun (LAX)
GROINOIDS-Empty Skull (I-Deal)

PERFECT VISION-Cult Leaders (No Patience)
NUCLEAR FAMILY-Scapegoat (Loud Punk)
SOKEA PISTE-Pimeää Voimaa (Ektro)
COMPLICATIONS-Last Journey (demo)

TRACK 2

SET TO EXPLODE-Feel The Rage (Grave Mistake)
WASTED TIME-Wolf In Sheep’s Clothing (demo)
THE CONTROL-Head and Shoulders (Go-Kart)
BOILS-When The Sun Goes Down (Creep)
VIOLENT SOCIETY-Coming Back For You (CI)
BOILING MAN-What We Do (from “Punk Uprisings, Vol. 2,” Go-Kart)

LOLI AND THE CHONES-Everybody Hates Me (Repent)
GARBAGE STRIKE-Pariah (demo)
COP-Out of the Piss & Into The Shit (demo)
SUNSHINE SS-Teen Choices (Sacred Plague)
NÖ PÖWER-No Peace (Sorry State)
BARCELONA-Parión (La Vida Es Un Mus)

DR. KNOW-Watch It Burn (Mystic)
ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT-Grey World (Taang)
CHRIST ON PARADE-Landlord Song (Pusmort)
HALF LIFE-Old Glory (Get Hip)
CAUSTIC CHRIST-Can’t Relate (Havoc)

TRACK 3

DARK AGES-New Pope/Old Pope (Sorry State)
BORN WRONG-Heretic (Schizophrenic)
KILL THE MAN WHO QUESTIONS-White Face (Coalition)
SCALLY-Rey De Cielo (self-released)
MOOD OF DEFIANCE-American Love Song (from “Life Is Boring So Why Not Steal This Record,” New Underground)

RUNNING-We Never Close (Castle Face)
POP. 1280-USS ISS (Sacred Bones)
INSTITUTE-Giddy Boys (Katorga Works)

RORY GALLAGHER-Shin Kicker (BMG)
RAM JAM-Gone Wild (Epic)
AC/DC-Rocker (Atlantic)

TRACK 4

FRANTIC ELEVATORS-Every Day I Die (TJM)
JOSEF K-Head’s Watch (Domino)
SAILBOATS ARE WHITE-Die Bitch (Poptones)
GREYS-Use Your Delusion (Carpark)
SAVAGES-The Answer (Matador)

DRONEZ-Sarin Attack (self-released)
GASMASK TERROR-La Temps Des Charmiers (Destructure)
TODAY’S OVERDOSE-Insomnia (Profane Existence)
KAAOS-Väkivallan Uhrit (Barrabas)
DISORDER-Stagnation (Anagram)
WANKYS-Lost In France and Drunk (Hardcore Kitchen)

HOSE-Zoo (Def Jam)

No comments:

Post a Comment