Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sonic Overload 8/9/10

A bit of confusion to start this week’s show, but you’ll have to listen to find out what I’m talking about. I would like to apologize for the distortion on the mike, occasionally. I set the volume too high. It’s been hot as hell here, again. 90s and humid and I threatened to do the show in my underwear (I think I mentioned the possibility of doing that a few weeks ago) but I came to my senses. And people were demanding photographic evidence that I did, indeed, do the show in my skivvies so I abandoned the idea. You should be grateful for that.

Sonic Overload 8/9/10

TRACK 1

PUBLIC IMAGE LTD-Banging The Door (Warner Bros.)

DIESEL QUEENS-Manson Family Feud (SFTRI)
MALE NURSES-Pathetic & Useless (Deranged)
LOUDMOUTHS-One Of The Boys (702)
TERMINAL STATE-Drop Out (Deranged)
HARPOON GUNS-What Are You Going To Do? (Square Wave)
VIPER-Gluttony (540)

RED DONS-Pieces (Deranged)
YOUNG OFFENDERS-Regret/Repeat (Deranged)
THE ENERGY-Drugged Skull On The Jagged Rocks (Team Science)
WILD BILLY CHILDISH AND MUSICIANS OF THE BRITISH EMPIRE-Chatham Rocks (SmartGuy)
SHANG-A-LANG-Fashion Over Community (Facepalm)
MICKY & THE SALTY SEA DOGS-I Keep On Wanting (SmartGuy)

TRACK 2

NIGHT BIRDS-Prognosis: Negative (Grave Mistake)
DEEP SLEEP-Fast Forward (Grave Mistake)
KILL YOUR IDOLS-What I’ve Become (None Of The Above)
LET IT BURN-Circles and Squares (Vendetta)
FLAG OF DEMOCRACY-It’s Written Down Somewhere (Motehrbox)
KRAUT-Flossing With An E String (from “Flipside Vinyl Fanzine,” Gasatanka)

RAW NERVES-Time To Disintegrate (Inimical)
NIGHT SIEGE-Bleed (demo)
KOROVA-My Vietnam (Victimized)
BOSTON STRANGLER-Hit and Run (demo)
MAUSER-Strangle (demo)
OLHO SECO-Nada (Punk Rock Discos)

BUZZ-OVEN-Plow (from “Punk Uprisings, Vol. 2,” Go-Kart)
JR EWING-Calling In Dead (Coalition)
ART YARD-The Law (from “Propeller,” Propeller)
POSIES-Grant Hart (DGC)
INTELLECTUALS-Identity (Dead Beat)

TRACK 3

CLASH-Bankrobber (Epic)
LORDS OF THE NEW CHURCH-New Church (IRS)
DIODES-Child Star (CBS)

ANTIDOTE-Something Must Be Done (Bridge Nine)
KNIFE FIGHT-Progress (Painkiller)
VOLENDAM DISEASE-At War With God (Kangaroo)
GOD FODDER-No Sleep (Motorchest)
RENEGADES OF PUNK-Nao Quero Mais Ter Que Racionalizar (Thrashbastard)
SLOWMOTIONS-Dance (HG Fact)
SHOOT IT UP-Peachy Keen (Criminal IQ)

RIKKI & THE LAST DAYS OF EARTH-Victimized (DJM)
PONY-Prizefighter (Homestead)
SWIRLIES-Didn’t Understand (Taang)
PROFESSIONALS-The Magnificent (Virgin)

TRACK 4

RED EYED LEGENDS-Libido Incognito (File 13)
SCREAMING FEMALES-Boyfriend (Don Giovanni)
FUNCTIONAL BLACKOUTS-Leisure Prison (Dead Beat)
DARVOCETS-Bah Bah Bah Big Foot (Fashionable Idiots)
LOGNHALMOTTAGNINGEN-Svenssoliv (NMR)
SENS INTERDIT-Brule ta Peur (from “Punk En France Vol. 2,” Remedy)

SWELL MAPS-Let’s Build A Car (Mute)
PENETRATION-Shout Above The Noise (Virgin)
URINALS-Sex (Warning Label)
CHEIFS-Blues (Dr. Strange)

GOD AND TEXAS-1066 (Rave)

No comments:

Post a Comment