Friday, June 14, 2013

Sonic Overload 6/3/13

A long time ago—the summer of 1980 to be exact—I was working at the Richdale convenience store in Marblehead, MA. It was the first of two summers I worked for them. Most of my shifts that first summer were in the evening and I’d tune the radio to WERS, the Emerson College station, for a great show called Niteklub (named after the Madness song). One night, I had that show on or maybe one of my tapes and a middle aged woman came in and we were chatting about music. She was a fan of jazz, big bands and the like and was telling me that what I was listening to wasn’t music. And that conversation occurred during one of the songs you hear this week, “Suicidal Tendencies” by the Transplants. I’m sure a lot of my customers didn’t share my passion for the loud punk I played. It was probably a contributing factor to me being shitcanned out of one of the two stores I worked in the following summer. Well that and being rude to a woman who turned out to be the wife of one of the company executives.

Anyway, now I have a different way to share this music or noise and I’d like to think that someone working in a convenience store or some other customer service job has this show playing and it’s helping them get through their shift...

Sonic Overload 6/3/13

TRACK 1

DEXY’S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS-Burn It Down (Capitol)

NUCLEAR SPRING-Mos Maiorum (Hysteria)
CONSTANT MONGREL-Be Crystal (R.I.P. Society)
NEIGHBORHOOD BRATS-Birth Right (Deranged)
CULO-Down In Equador (Deranged)
OFF!-I Got News For You (Vice)

WASTOIDS-I’m A Prick (self-released)
FNU RONNIES-Valley of Wastoids (Load)
GIFT OF GOATS-When We Ate Each Others Fingers (Omnibus)
RETOX-Don’t Fall In Love With Yourself (Epitaph)
HALLRAKER-Small Sunshine (Sike)

SHARING MASS GRAVES-Kill ‘Em, Fuck ‘Em, Eat ‘Em (Blind Spot)
PYRAMID SCHEME-Jesus Floorpunching Christ (Art Fraud)
BURIAL-Swines (Hardware)
KROMOSOM-Culture Degeneration (Distort Reality)
CROW-Last Chaos (Overthrow)
ANTI CIMEX-Raped Ass (Distortion)

TRACK 2

SAVAGEHEADS-Savageheads (demo)
SUDOR-Yo Y Mis Ganas De Vomitar (Solo Para Punks)
DIRECT CONTROL-Dead Scene (demo)
DRY HUMP-Culture Fuck Experience (Shogun)
NAZTI SKINZ-Bootlick (Youth Attack)
FUTURES-Cold Bug (Six Two Five)

TRANSPLANTS-Suicidal Tendencies (Dionysus)
STEPMOTHERS-All Systems Go (Posh Boy)
SVT-Modern Living (415)
RIK L RIK-I Got Power (Posh Boy)
REBEL TRUTH-Trickle Down (Grand Theft Audio)
76% UNCERTAIN-Decision 84 (Schmegma)

A FRAMES-U Boat (Sub Pop)
COMPUTER COUGAR-Photos That Don’t Exist (Gern Blandsten)
DARVOCETS-Eyes Like Ants (Painkiller)
PYLON-Feast On My Heart (DB)

TRACK 3

CRIMINAL CODE-Cold Thought (Inimical)
KIM PHUC-Equinox (Iron Lung)
CANCER BRIDES-Return (Brass Jacket)
ANTELOPE-The Demon (Dischord)

SMASH PATTERN-No Soul (demo)
NATIVE TONGUE-Speaking In Captions (Detente)
RANK/XEROX-Basement Furniture (self-released)
FUSES-New Bomb (American Punk)
DEEP SLEEP-Head Spins (Grave Mistake)
BANQUE ALLEMANDE-Flughafensee (S-S)

ÜBER KRØPPLING-Vi Gor Det I Nat (Blood Sausage)
STRONG COME ONS-Make Me Feel So Good (Pleasure Unit)
MITTAGEISEN-Hardcore (from “Back To Front Vol. 1”)
STOMACHMOUTHS-Speed Freak (Voxx)
ANTI-NOWHERE LEAGUE-So What? (WXYZ)

TRACK 4

NAPALM-Grafitty (Static Age)
TEMPLARS-Victim (GMM)
PLAGUE-Battle Zone (Punish)
COMMIES-Commie Girl (Pelado)

CAUSTIC DEFIANCE-Wasted Lives (Akashic)
WHITE PIGS-Victims Of Society (Swinch Kwilsen)
PTL KLUB-Sea Of Hate (Mystic)
ARMY OF JESUS-Dead Weight (self-released)
SNOBS-Control (My War)
POINT BLANK-We Won’t Be Silenced (Nemesis)

TEENAGE HEAD-Tearin’ Me Apart (demo)
SUNSET BOMBERS-Baby, It’s You (Ariola)
GIRLSCHOOL-Kick It Down (Stiff)
ROSE TATTOO-Remedy (Mirage)

SWINGERS-Counting The Beat (Backstreet)

No comments:

Post a Comment