Monday, January 27, 2014

Sonic Overload 1/13/14

It was a relatively nice day so I decided to sneak in a walk before recording the show. On the way home, I picked up an iced coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts (as I often do) and boy did the caffeine sink in quickly. We’re talking jag city! I had already planned out a mainly uptempo show today and I was pretty much bouncing off the walls when recording, until the inevitable crash sometime in the third segment. During the caffeine rush, I only managed to drop one record and it survived, thankfully. Not like the time my I was guest DJ-ing with my friend Andy at WBRS, the Brandeis station. He was running the turntables and managed to drop and break my copy of Blitz’s “Never Surrender.” I can’t remember if any caffeine was involved or it was just clumsiness. Anyway, he was able to replace the record without too much difficulty. Getting back to that rocket fuel I drank while recording the show, though, maybe I should get a sponsorship from Dunks so I don’t have to shell out $2 a pop several times a week.

In the meantime, this week’s show should provide you with the jolt you need... and no crash afterwards!

Sonic Overload 1/13/14

TRACK 1

LAST IN LINE-A Little Common Courtesy Won’t Kill You (But I Just Might) (ACME)

A-TEAM-Control Your Baby (Painkiller)
REPOS-You Can Hide In Death (Bad Teeth)
DS-13-Lie (Havoc)
DEATH OR GLORY-Your Choice (Crucial Response)
DEAD STOP-Kiss My Ass (Deranged)
RED HANDED-Crashing Down (Rivalry)
VIOLENT MINDS-Fight Authority (Parts Unknown)

HOMOSTUPIDS-Tip Of The Worm (Parts Unknown)
A FRAMES-Ionic (S-S)
GAY ANNIVERSARY-American Yard (Slovenly)
SPITS-Rip Up The Streets (In The Red)
JERKS-Get Your Woofing Dog Off Me (from “Killed By Death #4”)
PACK-Riots (Vinyl)

WARTHOG-Exterminate Me (Katorga Works)
EXECUTORS-Government Shutdown (demo)
PUBERTY WOUNDS-Edward Hyde (demo)
SPLASHIN’ SAFARI-zZz (demo)
CULTURE ABUSE-My Only Sunshine (self-released)

TRACK 2

SIEGE-Sad But True (Deranged)
KRAUT-Mishap (New Red Archives)
DFL-Hit The Floor (Epitaph)
AGRESSION-Stop The Clock (BYO)
ARTICLES OF FAITH-What We Want Is Free (Version Sound)
KRAYS-Inside Warfare (Eyeball)
STAR STRANGLED BASTARDS-Die (Go Kart)

SAD BOYS-Cry Now, Cry Later (Pogo & Cry)
PANDAMONIUM-Bring That Shit (demo)
PINKO & THE ACTION BOYS-Gimme Gimme Gimme End Of The World (self-released)
RETCHING RED-Bullshit Repellent (Bleeding Bitch)
VOIDS-My Rules (Dr. Strange)
PET UFO-Pigeon Heaven (Double Deuce)

RETOX-Piss Elegant (Three.One.G)
UTI-Commodity (Schizophrenic)
THE SYSTEM-Their Decisions (Skuld)
ANTHRAX-Exploitation (Crass)
SUBHUMANS-No (Spider Leg)
CONFLICT-Berkshire Cunt (Mortarhate)

TRACK 3

CONCRETE ASYLUM-Insomnia (Bad Vibrations)
RAPID LOSS-Dreams/Nightmare (Mata La Musika)
THINK AGAIN-Deceived Life (Way Back When)
RESOLVE-It’s All Shit (Distort Reality)
HOLOKAUST-Behind the Barbwire (After The Bomb)
SACRILEGE-Lifeline (Pusmort)

SAILBOATS ARE WHITE-Die Bitch (self-released)
TOTAL CONTROL-No Bibs (Iron Lung)
VON LMO-We’re Not Crazy (Munster)
LIQUOR STORE-Proud To Be An American Man (Almost Ready)

TRACK 4

DAISY CHAINSAW-All The Kids Agree (A&M)
KLARK KENT-Don’t Care (IRS)
KLEENEX-Ain’t You (Kill Rock Stars)
THAT PETROL EMOTION-Can’t Stop (Demon)

HARSH WORDS-Reptile Brain (demo)
ANCIENT FILTH-Moderate Edge (self-released)
BLOODKROW BUTCHER-Twenty-13 (demo)
CHAIN RANK-Criminal Banner (demo)
KOWARD-Overbred (Total Fucker)
MISHAP-You Will Rot (Social Napalm)

DILLINGER FOUR-Holy Shit (THD)
LEMONHEADS-Uhhh (Taang)
ARRIVALS-Analee (Thick)
NILS-Fountains (Psyche Industry)
STRANGLEHOLD-Any Way I Can (Taang)

STRANGLERS-Five Minutes (IRS)

No comments:

Post a Comment