Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sonic Overload 11/29/10--all covers

This week, it’s my first all-covers show since 2008 and the fourth time I’ve done one. This was a fun show to put together and I had a lot more music than I could fit in a mere two hour show so I added a fifth “bonus” set this week and it times out to just over 2½ hours. The only “rules,” if that’s what I would call them, is I didn’t use any tribute albums or all-covers albums because, as I say on the show, I’ve found that most tribute albums are a waste of time and seldom leave my shelf. All-covers albums usually represent a holding pattern for an artist. Fair or not, that’s the way I handled things, although I did break the first rule for a couple of songs. Enjoy!

*One correction—“Break The Chains” was originally by Deathwish, not Impact Unit as I said on the webcast. Thanks to Danimal for pointing that out to me...

Sonic Overload 11/29/10

TRACK 1

CELTIC FROST-Mexican Radio (Wall Of Voodoo) (Noise)

JESUS LIZARD-Chrome (Chrome) (Touch & Go)
I OBJECT-In A Better World (Screamers) (Feral Kid)
NOMOS-Vertical Slum (Swell Maps) (Deranged)
BRUCE BANNER-Interzone (Joy Division) (Busted Heads)

MINDS-Don’t Wanna Die In My Sleep Tonight (LaPeste) (Plastic Idol)
MONGROLLS-3 Chord Rock (Unnatural Axe) (from “Ruling The World From The Back Seat,” Lawless)
SPITS-Drink, Fight and Fuck (GG Allin) (Dirtnap)
DARKTHRONE-Bad Attitude (Testors) (Peaceville)
BILL BONDSMEN-Stiches (In My Head)/I Wanna Kill Somebody (Alan Milman Sect) (ACME)
F-MINUS-Trouble At The Cup (Black Randy & The Metrosquad) (Black Noise)

BIG BLACK-Rema-Rema (Rema-Rema) (Forced Exposure)
GORIES-Ghostrider (Suicide) (Crypt)
MIKA MIKO-Sex (Urinals) (PPM)
HALO OF FLIES-I’m A Bug (Urinals) (Amphetamine Reptile)

TRACK 2

DRONES-Be My Baby (Ronettes) (Anagram)
HENRY FIAT’S OPEN SORE-Problem Child (Damned) (Coldfront)
ZEN GUERRILLA-Mama’s Little Rocket (Little Richard) (from “Apocalypse Always,” Alternative Tentacles)
THE BURNT-Charlie Brown (Coasters) (Headache)
GENRAL FOODZ-Love Potion #9 (Clovers) (Destiny)
SUICIDE KINGS-Bad Boy (Larry Williams) (Adult Negro)

REPOS-Straight Jacket (Jerry’s Kids) (Youth Attack)
UNDER PRESSURE-It’s Time (The Faith) (Sound Pollution)
HERO DISHONEST-I Saw It (Deep Wound) (ACME)
SPAZZ-Stabbed In The Back (Youth of Today) (Slap A Ham)
CAPITAL DEATH-Make A Change (Youth Of Today) (Punks Before Profits)
DUMBSTRUCK-Break the Chains (Impact Unit) (Deranged)
MEANWHILE-Always Restrictions (from “In Defence Of Our Future,” Distortion)

REAL KIDS-Rawhide (Link Wray) (demo)
RIP OFFS-Do The Uganda (Controllers) (Wallabies)
DILLINGER FOUR-You’re Not Blank (Dils) (THD)
BREEDERS-Shocker In Gloomtown (Guided By Voices) (4AD)
PEER PRESSURE-Eve Of Destruction (Barry McGuire) (Break My Face)
R. STEVIE MOORE-Theme From A.G. (Andy and Opie Taylor) (Flamingo)

TRACK 3

CHRON GEN-Jet Boy, Jet Girl (Elton Motello) (Secret)
EATER-Fifteen (Eighteen) (Alice Cooper) (Creative Man)
CATBURGLARS-Cherry Bomb (Runaways) (Criminal IQ)
NIP DRIVERS-Fox On The Run (Sweet) (Taang)
ADRENALIN OD-Saturday Night (Bay City Rollers) (Relapse)
FEEDERZ-Have You Never Been Mellow (Olivia Newton-John) (Broken)

NEW BOMB TURKS-Mr. Suit (Wire) (Crypt)
HEX DISPENSERS-Down In The Park (Gary Numan) (Alien Snatch)
PURE HELL-These Boots Are Made For Walking (Nancy Sinatra) (Welfare)
ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT-Press Darlings (Adam & The Ants) (Headhunter)

SOA-Disease (UK Subs) (from “Flex Your Head,” Dischord)
THE JAM-Slow Down (Larry Williams) (Polydor)
DIDJITS-Call Me Animal (MC5) (Touch & Go)
DICKIES-Paranoid (Black Sabbath) (A&M)
FARTZ-Children Of The Grave (Black Sabbath) (Alternative Tentacles)

TRACK 4

TEENGENERATE-Six and Change (Pagans) (Crypt)
ASPHALT JUNGLE-Money (Barrett Strong) (Skydog)
DMZ-Cinderella (Sonics) (Sire)
REZILLOS-Glad All Over (Dave Clark Five) (Sire)

SCROTUM GRINDER-No Friend Of Mine (Slapshot) (Prank)
FISHSTICKS-Mommy, Can I Go Out And Kill Tonight? (Misfits) (Theologian)
FYP-Preskool Dropout (FU’s) (Recess)
RAT BASTARDS-Get Tough (Bad Posture) (Beer City)
MUDHONEY-Who Is Who (Adolescents) (Sub Pop)
ILL REPUTE-Cherokee Nation (Indian Reservation) (Raiders) (It’s Alive/Indecision)

GIRLSCHOOL-Race With The Devil (Gun) (Stiff)
LOST BOYS-I Hate Hippies (MIA) (Trabuc)
FLAG OF DEMOCRACY-Head Over Heels (Go-Go’s) (Deaf American)
FIREBALLS OF FREEDOM-I Got A Line On You (Spirit) (Dirtnap)

TRACK 5

TOY DOLLS-The Final Countdown (Europe) (SOS)
LEATHERFACE-Message In A Bottle (Police) (Roughneck)
THEE MIGHTY CAESARS-1977 (Clash) (from “Dope, Guns and Fucking In The Streets Volumes 4-7,” Amphetamine Reptile)
GG KING-The Letter (Box Tops) (demo)

ELECTRIC LIGHT ORCHESTRA-Roll Over Beethoven (Jet)

No comments:

Post a Comment