Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sonic Overload 3/3/14

Roger Daltrey from the Who turned 70 over the weekend. That just boggles my mind. Is it really over 40 years since I ventured into the Lechmere store in Danvers to pick up “Who’s Next”? That would be 1971 and I got the album because “Baba O’Riley” (or “Bubba O’Reilly,” which is how I misheard the title) wasn’t released as a single. I think my old man might have fronted me the money but that was the first LP I recall getting on my own. I close the show with a Who song this week—not “Baba O’Riley” or “Won’t Get Fooled Again,” which is my favorite “classic rock” song. I opted for their 1972 single “Join Together,” their first release after “Who’s Next” and which I don’t think is quite as overplayed. I’m not 100% about that because I don’t listen to rock radio that much anymore. I did neglect to say the song was by the Who when mentioning Daltrey’s birthday but I imagine everyone knows who I was playing.

Next week, it’s the 14th anniversary Sonic Overload. I haven’t figured out what I’ll be doing for it but I’ll attempt to pull something out of my as... uh, hat...

Sonic Overload 3/3/14

TRACK 1

VERBAL ASSAULT-Trial (Giant)

SECRET PROSTITUTES-Tak Bisa Tahan (Bad Hair Life)
PERRAS SALVAJES-Demasiada Presion (Bad Hair Life)
FUNERAL CONE-Foil Hats (100% Breakfast)
OUTS-Girlfriends (demo)
SHIRKS-Prostitution Summer (Grave Mistake)
FUTURES-Spider Walk (MCR)

OUT COLD-Somewhat Catatonic (Painkiller)
COKE BUST-Dying For Respect (Six Weeks)
VISUAL DISCRIMINATION-Shit Happens (Nemesis)
CINDER-Hit Me Back (Asperu)
INSURANCE RISK-Turned Your Back (Crucial Response)
SNIFFING GLUE-We Are At War (from “Starting From Zero,” Crucial Response)

BEYOND PINK-Grubbel (Emancypunk)
LA MISMA-Guerras Silenciosas (Toxic State)
RATS IN THE WALL-How To Spot A Narcissist (demo)
RUIDOSA INMUNDICIA-Blanco y Negro (Armageddon)
REPLICA-Strings (Prank)
S.H.I.T.-Mind Fuck (demo)

TRACK 2

SEX VID-Footsteps (Dom America)
WALLS-Stare At The Walls (Iron Lung)
WHITE ZOMBIE-Ratmouth (Caroline)
WARFARE-Two Tribes (Neat)

E150-Azul (Don’t Belong)
SCALLY-Rey Del Cielo (self-released)
VICTIMS-Carousel of Pain (DeadAlive)
LOS CRUDOS-That’s Right, We’re That Spic Band (Lengua Armada)
DAMAGE-This House (Gnarl)
NO ALLEGIANCE-Right Now (Destiny)

FLESHTONES-The Theme From “The Vindicators” (IRS)
BRIAN JAMES-Living In Sin (IRS)
ENEMIES-X-Ray Spex (Raw Productions)
STARZ-X-Ray Spex (Capitol)

TRACK 3

MINEFIELD-Piss Off! (Bad Hair Life)
DARFÜR-Systematic Error (Bad Hair Life)
RITUAL CONTROL-Hollow Out The Inside (Residue)
JABARA-No. 51? (HG Fact)
SLANG-Shoukyakuro (Prank)
SELFISH-Reality Crash (Feral Ward)

ARCWELDER-What Did You Call It That For (Touch & Go)
PANTHRO UK UNITED 13-Dead Asshole (No Idea)
VICE SQUAD-Cheap (Captain Oi)
GENERICS-Someday (self-released)

ENO-Needles In The Camel’s Eye (EG)
BIG EYES-Back From The Moon (Grave Mistake)
OVERWHELMING COLORFAST-It’s Tomorrow (SFTRI)
SALVATION ARMY-Fight Songs (Frontier)

TRACK 4

METHOD ACTORS-The Method (DB)
FLESH EATERS-No Questions Asked (Upsetter)
SECRET AFFAIR-Let Your Heart Dance (Sire)
STRAY CATS-Runaway Boys (EMI)
NIKKI & THE CORVETTES-He’s A Mover (Bomp)

RAPPRESAGLIA-Attack (Agipunk)
LAMA-Tavastia (Johanna)
BASTARDS-Brainwashed (Propaganda)
HERESY-Follow Suit (In Your Face)
KÄRNVAPEN ATTACK-Postnuclear Hardcore (Mata Raza)
TRIBUTE TO REJESTRACJA-No More Fascism (Pasazer)

THE WHO-Join Together (MCA)

No comments:

Post a Comment