Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sonic Overload 9/5/11


Welcome to this year’s Labor Day show. Not too much in the way of new music this week although I did manage to at least get some recent releases on the show. I mainly stick to holiday at hand, though. Given the economy, the difficulty for many people to find employment and attacks on unions, it’s not the best time for working people but I hope it was an enjoyable day for everyone.

Next week’s show will have an air of solemnity, as it will be recorded one day after the 10th anniversary of the 9/11/01 attacks on the United States. I won’t spend the entire two hours dwelling on the events of that day—I do want to actually play more new stuff next week—but it’s still necessary to mark the occasion and remember those who died that day. It’s also important to ponder what’s gone on in this country and overseas for the past decade. In other words, don’t expect a whole lot of flag waving on this show.

But that’s for next week. Happy Labor Day!


TRACK 1

THE STRIKE-Kicking Ass (Johann’s Face)

ACID REFLUX-Customers Fuck Off (No Way)
RAT BYTE-My Boss Is A Jerk (FNS)
BAD REACTION-Hate My Job (Reflections)
FAIR WARNING-Six O’Clock Blues (from “Primitive Air-Raid,” Psyche Industries)
MC RAD-Sundial (Red)
DISSENSION-Why Work For Death? (Metal Storm)

DOUBLE NEGATIVE-Face Jam (Sorry State)
RETOX-A Funeral On Christmas Sunday (Ipecac)
NIGHTGAUN-Drone Attack (Primitive Future)
CRIPPLED OLD FARTS-Like A Disease You Chose To Ignore (Shogun)
PLATES-Marching (Feral Kid)

GOVERNMENT WARNING-Slave Labor (Feral Ward)
DS-13-Work Sucks (Enslaved)
FOR THE WORSE-You Put the SS in Boss (Bridge Nine)
THE PIST-Black and Blue Collar (Elevator)
86 MENTALITY-Life Trap (Grave Mistake)

TRACK 2

DEAD MILKMEN-Labor Day (Restless)

JERRY’S KIDZ-Marionettes (Test Site)
MEATMEN-Crippled Children Suck (Touch & Go)
MDC-I Hate Work (R Radical)
BLACK FLAG-Clocked In (SST)
AGRESSION-Rat Race (BYO)
NEW BOMB TURKS-Born Toulouse-Lautrec (Crypt)

CAREER SUICIDE-Career Suicide (Ugly Pop)
BRUTAL KNIGHTS-You’re Fired, I Quit (Deranged)
DEAN DIRG-Kill The Boss (Dead Beat)
CATBURGLARS-I Hate My Job (Tooth Decay)
BUTTHOLE SURFERS-I Hate My Job (from “Cottage Cheese From The Lips of Death,” Ward-9)
NUBS-Job (from “Killed By Death #5”)

BORN AGAINST-Well Fed Fuck (Kill Rock Stars)
SUPERCHUNK-Slack Motherfucker (Matador)
LA PESTE-Let Me Sleep (Matador)

TRACK 3

TOTAL CONTROL-Retirees (Iron Lung)
EDDY CURRENT SUPPRESSION RING-Get Up Morning (Dropkick)
PULSES-Factory (Dirtnap)
GANG OF FOUR-I Found That Essence Rare (Infinite Zero)
HARD SKIN-Oi Not Jobs (Broken)

HIGH TENSION WIRES-Theme To Gettin’ Fired (Dirtnap)
NAKED HIPPY-Work (Smile or Die)
SCARED OF CHAKA-You’re Fired (Hopeless)
TRAITORS-Shaking Hands With The Unemployed (Johann’s Face)
PINK LINCOLNS-I’ve Got My Tie On (Stiff Pole)
PREFECTURE-Automatic Labor (demo)

KRAUT-Unemployed (New Red Archives)
ARTICLES OF FAITH-Five O’Clock (Reflex)
RAW POWER-My Boss (Westworld)
THE PROLETARIAT-Options (Taang)
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES-I Want More (Frontier)

TRACK 4

ART YARD-Something In Your Eyes (Ride The Snake)
PUNISHMENT OF LUXURY-Brainbomb (United Artists)
MEKONS-I’ll Have To Dance Then (On My Own) (Fast)
RIFLE SPORT-Mind Over Matter (Reflex)
TUBEWAY ARMY-Zero Bars (Mr. Smith) (ATCO)

CELEBRITY ROAST-Rising Wages, Dropping Names (Creep)
DILLINGER FOUR-Super Powers Enable Me To Blend In With Machinery (Hopeless)
COCK SPARRER-Working (Taang)
SWINGIN’ UTTERS-Petty Wage (New Red Archives)
CRIMPSHRINE-Another Day (Lookout)
J CHURCH-Kill Your Boss (Allied)

FABULOUS POODLES-Work Shy (Columbia)

No comments:

Post a Comment