Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sonic Overload 8/19/13

Going a bit overtime once again—this week’s show is around 2 hours and 9 minutes but why leave out records when I already took them out to play? It’s my show and I can go over the allotted time if I want. That’s not true for the Stench Radio show. It seems as though there’s a surplus of records I pull. Anyway, one rant this week, after going to see Blue Öyster Cult at the Hatch Shell on the Esplanade in Boston. That’s the same place they have that Fourth of July Boston Pops concert every year and, after the Marathon bombings in April, they greatly stepped up security, putting a fence around the perimeter and setting up checkpoints that you had to go through. There are restrictions on what you can bring in (no backpacks, only sealed bottles of water). I found it ironic that this nonsense started on a day where we’re supposed to be celebrating our freedom. More than ironic, in fact. I know that it’s necessary to take precautions but it’s becoming increasingly ludicrous, to the point where I don’t want to attend these types of events anymore.

Anyway, the Cult were alright. It was a free show and they were one of my favorite bands when I was a teenager and I still love those first three albums and some songs that came after. I just wish they’d cut out the solos and played a few more songs. I dedicated the song I played to the memory of their former keyboard player Allen Lanier, who died last week. In fact, I only found out about the show when I posted about his death on my Facebook page and a friend asked me if I was going to see them. A blessing in disguise, I suppose.

In the meantime, the fascists haven’t been able to shut down my webcast. Maybe I’d better leave well-enough alone, there, and just leave you to check out this week’s installment.

Sonic Overload 8/19/13

TRACK 1

VAGINORS-Ultimate Power (Hardcore Victim)

SAD BOYS-Frolic (Toxic State)
BORED TO DEATH-I Hate Myself But I Hate You More (Recess)
DEADLY WEAPONS-Can’t Take It (Jonny Cat)
KRUNCHIES-Ugly Inside (SouthKore)
WHITE LOAD-My Wall (Ken Rock)
GAG-Haunted Truck Bed (Warthog Peak)

POP. 1280-Lights Out (Sacred Bones)
RASPBERRY BULBS-Lusty Climbing (Blackest Ever Black)
WAR BRIDES-Shark (self-released)
SLICES-Greensleeves (Iron Lung)

ANTISEEN-Hippy Punk (TKO)
SHEER TERROR-Here To Stay (Blackout)
SCFF-I Don’t Belong (Patac)
SODOMIZED BY MARCIA BRADY-Broken Bottles (Burrito)
REAL ENEMY-Hope They Die (Mind Cure)
SNOOPEEZ TAPEWORM-Off To War (Will E. Survive)

TRACK 2

IMPALERS-Church Bitch (540/Todo Destruido)
THINK AGAIN-Deceived Life (Way Back When)
INSTITUTION-Dåsarnar Paradis (De Nihil)
RUIDOSA INMUDICIA-Condiciones Inhumanas (Thought Crime)
BASTARD SONS OF APOCALYPSE-25 Years (Todo Destuido)
VIOLENT MINDS-Brutality (Parts Unknown)

DISENCHANTED-And You Believe Them (Motherbox)
BOILS-Moral Crusaders (from “Pure Punk,” Cyclone)
BOILING MAN-What We Do (from “Punk Uprisings Volume 2,” Go-Kart)
VIOLENT SOCIETY-Coming Back For You (CI)
AGAINST ALL AUTHORITY-Walking Revolution (Far Out)

VAGUESS-(Should’ve) Died Young (self-released)
SLOWMOTIONS-Dance (HG Fact)
BRAIN F?-(Date Rape) Real Estate (demo)
SAUNA YOUTH-Snapback (Faux Discx)

TRACK 3

NEUTRAL FIXATION-Common Delusion (Tampered Reels)
BAD ADVICE-Do Not Resuscitate (Grave Mistake)
NIGHT BIRDS-No Spoilers (Grave Mistake)
UX VILEHEADS-Kitchen Knife (Sorry State)
LONGINGS-Possession Mortality (demo)

CITIZENS PATROL-Another Illusion Lost (Sadistic Fantastic/Way Back When)
MAJOR DAMAGE-Can’t Fight Back (Even Worse/Way Back When)
DESTRUCTIVE NEW AGE-Hate Control (Kangaroo/Way Back When)
ZERO ZERO-All The Way Down (Hearts Bleed Blue)
VIRULENCE-All (Southern Lord)
VIOLENT CHILDREN-Live Free Or Die (Lost & Found)

BLUE ÖYSTER CULT-Cagey Cretins (Columbia) in memory of Allen Lanier
RADIO BIRDMAN-Do The Pop (Trafalgar)
REZILLOS-Bad Guy Reaction (Sire)
UK SUBS-Keep On Running (Captain Oi)

TRACK 4

GOD AND TEXAS-Bread and Circuses (Rave)
CELEBRITY ROAST-Trust Fund Revolt (Creep)
KAMIKAZE-Coma Life (Soulrebel)
HATCHET FACE-Prime Crime (Figure Four)
OPPOSITION-The Frontier Mentality (Push Pull)

DA!-Dark Rooms (Autumn)
CRASS-Systematic Death (Crass)
MONORCHID-A Was for Anarchy (Touch & Go)

MEN WITHOUT HATS-Security (Stiff)

No comments:

Post a Comment