Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sonic Overload 4/15/13


While I’ve been working on this show since mid-afternoon (it’s just after 9 PM as I type this), the story about the bombings at the Boston Marathon finish line continues to unfold. Thanks to all who showed concern for me and my family—everyone is safe and alright. I hope the same goes for all of my listeners in the Boston area.

I thought about holding off on posting this show until tomorrow but I’m sticking to the Monday night schedule for those who are seeking a respite from all the coverage.

As mentioned above, don’t forget about the Wednesday night live version of Sonic Overload, from 6-8 PM Eastern on Stench Radio.  The first show went fairly smoothly after I figured out how to connect everything up to their server. Hopefully, there won’t be any problems this week (famous last words)...

Sonic Overload 4/15/13

TRACK 1

SHOWCASE SHOWDOWN-They Saved George The Third’s Brain (Beer City)

DESPERAT-Masskonsumtion (Hardcore Victim)
VIIMEINEN KOLONNA-Esti Ja Tuhoa (Havoc)
HERO DISHONEST-Vain Uusi Kerros Valkoista (Peterwalkee)
BORN WRONG-Always Here To Help (Schizophrenic)
SHORT CHANGED-Fuck You, Fight Me (Rodent Popsicle/Goat Power Recreation)

NEGATIVE TREND-Mercenaries (from “Tooth & Nail,” Upsetter)
CHEIFS-No Justice (Doctor Strange)
EYES-Kill Your Parents (from “What? Stuff,” Bomp)
DILS-Class War (Dangerhouse)
GERMS-Land of Treason (Slash)

ICEAGE-You’re Nothing (Matador)
HEAT TAPE-Elvis (Underground Communique)
GOLDEN ERROR-Refuse Me (The Hard Sell)
SOVIET VALVES-Crossover Angst (Vertex)

TRACK 2

SHITTY LIMITS-Your Limits Are My Limits (Sorry State)
WILD CHILD-Viral Load (Deranged)
HAZARDOUS WASTE-Jock Rock (Schizophrenic)
SWORN LIARS-Down (Big Neck)
MUD CITY MANGLERS-I Wanna Kill My Friends (Republic of Chesterfield)
LOLI AND THE CHONES-Rumble In My Pants (Repent)

FUCK YOU PAY ME-Fuck You Pay Me (demo)
FLYIN’ TRICHECOS-Tick Tock (Non Commercial)
MAD MEN-No Mind (demo)
FLIPOUT AA-Flipout Song (625)
S.H.I.T.-Human Kindness (demo)
BAD NOIDS-Ticket To Mars (self-released)
CÜLO-On The Nod (Deranged)

LATIN DOGS-World Powers (Kazaaamo)
RED SQUARES-Time Change (Rave Up)
FITS-Bored Of Education (from “Smash The State,” Tixeon)
TRAGICS-Mommi I’m A Misfit (Loud Punk)
UNNATURAL AXE-3 Chord Rock (Lawless)

TRACK 3

OFFENDERS-We Must Rebel (Kangaroo)
TALK IS POISON-Floor (Prank)
MASSKONTROLL-Pain, Bloodshed & War (Nikt Nic Niewie)
WHOREHOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES-Greed Is A Disease (Inimical)

PROTOMARTYR-Bubba Helms (Urinal Cake)
WOMEN-KGB (FDS)
COPS-I’m Tired and I Want To Go Home (demo)
CHINESE BURNS-Oh How I Struggle (Windian)
UNNATURAL HELPERS-My Brother’s Been Kissin’ My Girlfriend (from “Babyhead,” S-S)

GANG GREEN-Kill A Commie (from “This Is Boston, Not LA,” Modern Method)
GOVERNMENT ISSUE-Lie, Cheat & Steal (from “Flex Your Head,” Dischord)
BAD BRAINS-Sailin’ On (ROIR)
RED ALERT-Rebels In Society (No Future)
ABRASIVE WHEELS-The Army Song (Riot City)
CHRON GEN-Reality (from “Kill Your Radio,” IRS)

TRACK 4

DEADSPOT-My Death (Letterbomb/Genius)
TRAPDOOR FUCKING EXIT-Run Idiot Run (No Idea)
GIT SOME-Trixie Loves Misty (1-2-3-4 Go!)
SHARDS-More and More (Sorry State)

VERSUS-Bright Light (TeenBeat)
WIPERS-This Time (Zeno)
THE MEN-Bataille (Sacred Bones)
CRIMINAL CODE-Wandering (Inimical)
GUIDED BY VOICES-Laundry and Lasers (Guided By Voices Inc.)

BIG BLACK-Bad Houses (Homestead)

No comments:

Post a Comment